I got my nails done yesterday, and it inspired me to draw up this little design. I might do more at a later date if I come up with them, but for now this is the one that was really kicking my muse, so I had to get it out of my head.
Feel free to modify the design as you see fit! I just tried out a few shapes that tickled my fancy.
Note that I’m not a professional or even an experienced amateur at nail art and design. At the salon they used like fifty different products to protect my nails and shine up the design and who even knows what else, but all I’m doing is coming up with designs. Feel free to use a base/top coat and file your nails and whatever else you feel like. I’m just going to go ahead and give some tips I think are useful.
- Use white as the base colour. I don’t know why; I just figured this was probably a good idea, common-sense style. If your white isn’t too opaque, you’ll need multiple layers of it.
- Make sure each layer is dry before doing the next one! This should be obvious, but waiting for nail polish to dry is pretty frustrating. It’s easy to get impatient. Maybe don’t do it all in one sitting; do a layer of polish and then go do something else for a few hours before coming back. I’ve never considered nail polish to be the kind of thing you could do just before going out to a party. You can’t rush nail polish. Give it time.
- Try using a bit of masking tape to get clean lines between colours. Cut it up into strips and apply. Make sure it’s not too sticky or else it might lift off the nail polish! Maybe try just paper and tape it to your finger?
- Get a really small brush to do the seeds and don’t use a lot of paint. Try putting a bit of nail polish on a palette - the top of a nail polish bottle could work. Be sure to wipe the brush clean with nail polish remover afterwards! Always keep your tools clean.
- Twitchy fingers? Unsteady hands? Stabilize yourself against a table or a book, or get a friend to help. Again, be patient.
- If you make a mistake, you can always start over. It’s a bit frustrating, but better than nothing, right?
8 Notes/ Hide
- hextier reblogged this from hexephra
- weenerd likes this
- melancholywise reblogged this from hexephra
- mysterious-cat likes this
- chick3nugget likes this
- lindabooforyou likes this
- sesquedoodle likes this
- sesquedoodle said: Watermelon! 8D I’d love to try these sometime. Need to buy green and pink polish though.
- thoughtsofnope likes this
- joanacs likes this
- hexephra posted this